The other day I was over at the Dutch Country Soft Pretzels, just four miles east of Ephrata along Rout 322, and I picked up one of their cards. (Their pretzels are yummy too!) On the back was this message:
- To laugh often and much;
- To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
- To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of honest friends;
- To find the best in others;
- To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
- To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Those are words to live by, don't you think? Here at Speedwell Forge we are making memories. That's really what all B&Bs are doing. Every day someone leaves happy; not happy they are leaving, but happy to have been here. If I am full, or do not have the date you seek, I can still help you. I belong to a wonderful and devoted group of B&Bs, and I would be proud to send you to any one of them. Everyone in the Authentic B&B group has a different experience to offer, making a Lancaster County trip memorable.